帖子 1590
成品數目 -44 件
閱讀權限 10
註冊 2006-8-9
來自 Side 7
狀態 離線
發表於 2008-11-15 01:20 PM  資料  主頁 短消息  加為好友 
About Gundam, abt model/toy, abt photography, abt me

It's been a long time for my quite wierd exisitence in the HKML, & I think it is a good time for me to reveal my passion on Gundam.  I hope you can spare some time to read it which I've written in Jan 2008 in a US model forum.
http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/gundam_efsf/article?mid=976

Just arrived a US modeling forum and ignited hot discussion on model x toy x photography.  This elicited my internal search & finally I concluded…
This is MY way to channel my “desire to create”. My words in that forum to share with all of you

Hi all friends in HF forum,

I take everybody’s point here & I appreciate everyone expressing their opinions. That’s why I like visiting US forum coz I can meet friends with very unique point of view.

I am not going to either admire or to defense from any comments, coz I just want to listen & to share. & this is my way to share all over the world.

FYI, my days of model making are around 9-18 years old, i.e 1980-1990. (1980 is the year of Gundam broadcasted in Hong Kong TV). Like all of you, I channeled the “desire to create” through model making. You might know, those were the days without digital camera, & of coz, neither web forum to share.

When I was in college & at work (age of 20~30), I still love Gundam (buying books and video) yet cannot afford my time building Gunpla…

U must know I am still a diehard fan of Gundam. I start to take Gundam pics since 2001, after the release of GFF & FWUO series (I only started commissioning modeler since mid 2006!). It is because the so called toy (i.e. finished product) eventually evolves into collectible of acceptable quality. And since 2001, I started to channel my “desire to create” through taking pics of Gundam figure/models. cool.gif

You may say that I am not talking about modeling, just talking about photo taking. I want share my personal point of view. I see modeling is to imitate the object (to us, they are mecha/ Gundams) as alike as possible. Hence, diligent modelers like all of you (& me when I was young) will dedicate tens of hours to polish, to build, to paint, to apply weathering on it & to realize their own perfection.

To make it as true as a 18m MS standing on the ground, or resemble its smart poses (or even its “character”) as in TV, IMO, you can’t make it just finish the model-kit & take casual snaps. The modeling process is not complete.

Take these 2 pics as an example (the same commissioned model with exactly the same pose), u can make the 1st causal pic by just a click of DC & host in the forum within 5 minutes. For the 2nd pic, frankly, I used 5 hours starting from set up my studio, posing, select the best angle, shoot, Photoshop clean up… etc.

& finally, this is the Hi Nu code UNICORN in my heart. To recap, if you buy my point that modeling is to imitate the real stuff as alike as possible, tens of hour used in shooting is the process of modeling. Truthfully, for the series of Hi Nu code UNICORN pics (less than 10 pics) in my blog, I spent 3 days, over 15 hours in total, to make it. & this is my way to channel my “desire to create”. rolleyes.gif

Hence, this is how the full modeling process. I garb a VP conversion kit. I examine the parts, understand the possibilities & write the requirement & color scheme in detail (most probably 4-8 pages, using 2-4 hours), commissioned it to professional modeler to build (around 30-50 hours), then I take pics (around 10-20 hours) & then all net friends see the pics: the final outcome of the whole modeling process-
ModelWork of ultrayung; PhotoWork of Gundam@EFSF

My blog: http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/gundam_efsf
高達收藏家,愛為藏品拍照,模型是代工做的
頂部
佐助
少尉

UID 23149
精華 0
積分 0
帖子 695
成品數目 0 件
閱讀權限 10
註冊 2007-11-9
狀態 離線
發表於 2008-11-15 03:14 PM  資料  短消息  加為好友 
G君,老實講,好buy你Unicorn Hi-Nu個concept...

唔貪錢就唔係笨大喇!!
頂部
Gundam@EFSF
上尉
雖搵人砌;模魂常存;以圖會友

UID 13325
精華 0
積分 -44
帖子 1590
成品數目 -44 件
閱讀權限 10
註冊 2006-8-9
來自 Side 7
狀態 離線
發表於 2008-11-16 01:48 AM  資料  主頁 短消息  加為好友 

QUOTE:
原帖由 佐助 於 2008-11-15 03:14 PM 發表
G君,老實講,好buy你Unicorn Hi-Nu個concept...

thx 4 ur appreciation :)

高達收藏家,愛為藏品拍照,模型是代工做的
頂部
sunnycch
少校

UID 4149
精華 0
積分 3
帖子 2198
成品數目 3 件
閱讀權限 10
註冊 2005-8-30
狀態 離線
發表於 2008-11-16 10:24 PM  資料  短消息  加為好友 
Totally understand.
Just like the movie industry --
Wong Ka Wai directed several very successful film, staring Tony Leung, Maggie Cheung, Leslie Cheung ... etc
Those are good actors/actress, won numerous awards
Wong Ka Wai as a director will never act as their level (we all know that). but 阿飛正傳, 重慶森林, 春光乍洩, 花樣年華 etc will all still be Wong Ka Wai films, they won't be Tony Leung film, Maggie Cheung Film... Coz Wong directed them.

It's a teamwork, all directed under Bro Gundam@EFSF.  Some might not accept this concept. I'm fine with it.

many boxes of Gunpla in stock
頂部
Gundam@EFSF
上尉
雖搵人砌;模魂常存;以圖會友

UID 13325
精華 0
積分 -44
帖子 1590
成品數目 -44 件
閱讀權限 10
註冊 2006-8-9
來自 Side 7
狀態 離線
發表於 2008-11-16 11:43 PM  資料  主頁 短消息  加為好友 

QUOTE:
原帖由 sunnycch 於 2008-11-16 10:24 PM 發表
Totally understand.
Just like the movie industry --
Wong Ka Wai directed several very successful film, staring Tony Leung, Maggie Cheung, Leslie Cheung ... etc
Those are good actors/actress,  ...

thx for your sharing & long term support in my blog :)
If using your film making as example, I can't say I am the director, I will humbly say at least I am the Producer (responsible for $) & Script Writer (responsible for the concept), modeler is the director, & Gundam is the actor, (oh, & I packaging all of the the above)
All in all, I beleive I am contributing in making the film. :)

高達收藏家,愛為藏品拍照,模型是代工做的
頂部
sheepshiu
壹等兵

UID 31231
精華 0
積分 0
帖子 165
成品數目 0 件
閱讀權限 10
註冊 2008-6-24
狀態 離線
發表於 2008-11-17 06:58 PM  資料  短消息  加為好友 
Ken 兄
我好不容易睇哂你的文章with my 字典
因為英文實在有限...

但我絶對支持你的看法
模型砌得, 上色得更正
如果沒有一流的攝影師
也沒有辦法表現出它的神采
所以請keep on your effort to bring us your great works

如果可以的話
請一些大些size的作品
等我可以做Wallpaper^^

頂部
Gundam@EFSF
上尉
雖搵人砌;模魂常存;以圖會友

UID 13325
精華 0
積分 -44
帖子 1590
成品數目 -44 件
閱讀權限 10
註冊 2006-8-9
來自 Side 7
狀態 離線
發表於 2008-11-17 11:29 PM  資料  主頁 短消息  加為好友 

QUOTE:
原帖由 sheepshiu 於 2008-11-17 06:58 PM 發表
Ken 兄
我好不容易睇哂你的文章with my 字典
因為英文實在有限...

但我絶對支持你的看法
模型砌得, 上色得更正
如果沒有一流的攝影師
也沒有辦法表現出它的神采
所以請keep on your effo ...

thx 4 ur support & appreciation ! :)

高達收藏家,愛為藏品拍照,模型是代工做的
頂部
kelvintsang1133
曹長

UID 7567
精華 0
積分 3
帖子 420
成品數目 3 件
閱讀權限 10
註冊 2006-1-20
狀態 離線
發表於 2008-11-19 10:44 AM  資料  短消息  加為好友 
Brother Gundam@EFSF, i also fully support u especially ur special interpretation of Gundam. Actually i know that , in this world , some ppl may be jealous of somebody due to rich. Anyway, please post more great idea's model. Let us to enjoy and broadden our horizon in the Gundam World

頂部

當前時區 GMT+8, 現在時間是 2024-5-24 12:44 PM
重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,香港模型聯盟對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,用戶不應完全信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,用戶應尋求專業意見。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。香港模型聯盟有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言,同時亦有不刪除留言的權利。切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。