積分 18
帖子 111
成品數目 18 件
閱讀權限 10
註冊 2017-9-19
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-8-17 09:47 PM  資料  短消息  加為好友 
談手塗神器

I think many of us had tried painting our models by hands at some points, and the first time results most likely not very satisfactory.

I wouldn't go into details on how to paint xxx or how to paint with xxx by hand, as many 師兄 already have great tutorial posted here.

Instead I wish to talk about the equipment used in hand painting. Here I wish to talk about equipment that would allow you to get satisfactory results easily, I am not saying you can't get satisfactory results using different equipment or doing things the other ways round. Here I want to talk about equipment / method that would most likely deliver you satisfactory results. That's why they are called 神器.

Brushes

Winsor & Newton Series 7
Simply said these are the best brushes money can buy. These brushes are for water colors, be sure stated this when you ask for it at the arts store. The prices of these brushes are proportional to how many hairs the brush has. So 000 is the cheapest, 00 costs a little more, and so on.

Winsor & Newton Series 7 - For Miniature Painting
For those of us painting figures, these are specially made for miniature painting. These brushes have shorter hairs, providing extra control. But I think not many art store have it for sale. (I am only able to order them online, if you know which store in Hong Kong have them available for sale please tell me too.)

Paint

Acrylic Paints
Acrylic paints once dry, won't dissolved again when you paint over it. This property makes them easy to use for beginner and veteran a like. If you need to paint a gradual change of color, you need to do feathering instead of blending, details please refers to the tutorials by other 師兄. Recommended brands are Andrea, Citadel, Vallejo Model Colors.

Thinner

Distilled water (蒸餾水)
Acrylic paints are thinned with water, here water means pure water, not tap water. Normal tap water contains many chemicals that would have strange reactions to the Acrylic paints. So use distilled water as thinner, the brand of distilled water being use is not important.

Plaette

Wet Plaette
Wet Plaette is a plaette with a sponge underneath, which keep the paint above wet. Wet Plaette makes sure the Acrylic paints on your plaette won't dry while you wait for the paint on the model to dry. This serve three purposes:
(1) If you are painting with custom mixed color, it makes sure you won't need to mix the color again and again;
(2) Wet Plaette usually come with a lid, which allow you to keeps the color usable for days;
(3) Save you money for not having the paint keep drying on the plaette.

Varnish

Lacquer based varnish
Acrylic paints are easier to chip, so you most likely would need to apply a coat of clear varnish. Due the the wet climate in Hong Kong, Acrylic based varnish easily got "white mist" when dry. This can be eliminate by using hair dryer while you apply the varnish. But why make things so complicated when you can use Lacquer based varnish? Lacquer based varnish won't get the "white mist" no matter how wet the whether is.

[ 本帖最後由 DoEddi 於 2018-8-19 10:10 PM 編輯 ]

本帖最近評分記錄
eff   2018-8-18 09:51 AM  讚好  +1   具參考價值
richso   2018-8-17 10:34 PM  讚好  +1   具參考價值
頂部

當前時區 GMT+8, 現在時間是 2024-5-16 03:51 PM
重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,香港模型聯盟對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,用戶不應完全信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,用戶應尋求專業意見。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。香港模型聯盟有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言,同時亦有不刪除留言的權利。切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。